I was recently looking for a free Live Animated Desktop Wallpapers Engine and i instead i found 2 of them that are free and not like steam wallpaper engine thats costs $USD
These two are rePaper which you can get on GitHub
from this link and i will show you how to setup in step by step guide or tutorial video.
The other one is DesktopHut which you can download for free from here:
- Video file as wallpaper support (Hardware Accelerated Playback optional)
- Most of the processing is done via gpu shaders, low cpu usage.
- Weather effect appearance is customisable:- raindrop size, speed, blur intensity etc.
- Openweathermap API used to gather weather information.
- Real-time day/night cycle based on sunrise-sunset time.
- rePaper will pause when running fullscreen application or games (~0% cpu & gpu usage; main execution thread is stopped, background thread used for monitoring).
- rePaper will pause when application focus change (optional).
- Application rule: Set specific rePaper sleep rules based on running application.
- Ultrawide resolution support, multimonitor systems partially supported.
- Toggle windows 10 Light/Darkmode automatically based on time (optional).
- Automatically detect clock, text color based on wallpaper (picture wallpaper only).
- Your areas weather might not always be exciting, all the weather effects are user selectable.
- Customizable – adjustable performance settings (fps, blur quality) , custom UI color, different clock styles & more.
- Appears behind desktop icons.
- Brightness change based on time of day & weather – less bright when clowdy, raining.
- Can be used alongside Rainmeter.
- Additional 4 weather presets for user customisation, turn it into radioactive wasteland, extreme rain..etc
- Runs at system startup (optional).